1. Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of The Causeway Weddings’ services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- What information The Causeway Weddings may collect about you;
- How The Causeway Weddings will use information we collect about you;
- When The Causeway Weddings may use your details to contact you;
- Whether The Causeway Weddings will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
The Causeway Weddings websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will The Causeway Weddings collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of The Causeway Weddings’ services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, message boards, telephone or text The Causeway Weddings, vote or create an account using The Causeway Weddings’ online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable The Causeway Weddings (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. Sometimes this may be sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in an application to be a contributor on a political party we may need to know your political leanings). When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information. We will also provide information on how we will use it.
3. How will the The Causeway Weddings use the information they collect about me?
The Causeway Weddings will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”. This means that The Causeway Weddings may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for. As set out in paragraph 4 below. For example, to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance;
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide;
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- personalising the way The Causeway Weddings content is presented to you;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on The Causeway Weddings’ websites;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. The Causeway Weddings may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where The Causeway Weddings proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will The Causeway Weddings contact me?
The Causeway Weddings may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that The Causeway Weddings can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to The Causeway Weddings. For example, on The Causeway Weddings message boards or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about The Causeway Weddings’ services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
- Local pages will give you detailed information about how The Causeway Weddings will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The Causeway Weddings won’t contact you for marketing purposes. The Causeway Weddings will not promote new services, activities or online content to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will The Causeway Weddings share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law. For example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within The Causeway Weddings. However, sometimes The Causeway Weddings uses third parties to process your information. The Causeway Weddings requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions. However, The Causeway Weddings requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes. This is unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on the The Causeway Weddings website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to The Causeway Weddings’ websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of The Causeway Weddings’ services, The Causeway Weddings may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where The Causeway Weddings reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), The Causeway Weddings may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to The Causeway Weddings. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will The Causeway Weddings keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with The Causeway Weddings.
Where you contribute material to The Causeway Weddings we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. Can I find out what personal information The Causeway Weddings holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information The Causeway Weddings holds about you. You can request to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
11. What if I am accessing The Causeway Weddings’ websites outside the UK?
12. Cookies Policy – Information The Causeway Weddings collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data. It often includes a unique identifier. This is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. However, (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On The Causeway Weddings’ websites, cookies record information about your online preferences. This allows us to tailor the websites to your interests.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided to that user. As a result, they may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors. This helps us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our education pages, we might find this out from your cookie. This would then highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits.
c. Third Party Cookies on The Causeway Weddings pages
Please note that during your visits to The Causeway Weddings’ websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to the The Causeway Weddings or the The Causeway Weddings’ contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. The Causeway Weddings does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
d. The Causeway Weddings cookies and how to reject cookies?
A list of the main cookies that The Causeway Weddings’ websites set (and what each is used for) together with ways to minimise the number of cookies you receive can be found at the The Causeway Weddings’ Cookie List and How To Reject Cookies.4